Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Margaret Lawrence (aka M.K. Lorens): R.I.P

Sorry to hear  at The Rap Sheet via The Gumshoe Site that Edgar, Agatha, and Anthony awards finalist Margaret Lawrence (aka Lorrain “Margaret” Keilstrup, aka M.K. Lorens) died on January 15 at her home in Fremont, Nebraska. She was 66.

Gumshoe editor Jiro Kimura writes:

Ex-playwright Margaret Keilstrup started writing, under the M. K. Lorens pseudonym, the mystery novels featuring Winston Marlowe Sherman, mystery-writing Shakespeare professor, beginning with Sweet Narcissus (Bantam, 1990) and ending with Sorrowheart (Doubleday, 1993). After the fifth and last Sherman novel, she wrote three midwife Hannah Trevor historical novels, starting with Hearts and Bones (Avon, 1996) and ending with The Burning Bride (Avon, 1998) under the Margaret Lawrence name. ... Her last novel was Roanoke (Random House, 2009).

5 comments:

Lesa said...

It's the books she wrote under Margaret Lawrence that I remember. Thank you for passing this on, Janet.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so sorry to hear this news, Janet. But thanks for posting about it.

Linda Panszczyk said...

Sorry to hear this news. I loved both series. I notice that I never read the final book in either series. I need to remedy that.

Priscilla said...

I loved the Hannah Trevor trio. Sorry to hear the news.

The Pliers said...

I am sitting here in central France rereading copies of the Hannah Trevor series. I loved that series and I am really sorry to hear that the wonderful writer who brought us those books has died at such an early age--I'm almost 60, so 66 does not look "old" to me.

Thank you for have taken the time to post the news.