Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Val McDermid Videos

Val McDermid is one of my favorite crime writers. She has won most of the crime fiction awards including the Macavity and the Cartier Diamond Dagger..and many, many others!

Here are two videos of Val McDermid that appeared in The Guardian 

Jon Jordan, Editor of Crimespree and co-chair of Bouchercon 2011 in St. Louis, posted these on the Bouchercon blog today. I know he won't mind if I post them here, too.

Both of these videos were filmed at The Guardian Hay Book Festival.

First one of Val in a mystery bookstore.

Second one filmed at the Sky Arts Book Show.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is one of my favorite crime writers as well. I'm glad you posted these. Thank you.

CD

Anonymous said...

I think that A Place of Execution is one of the best mysteries of the past 25 years.

Toby

vallerose said...

I love Val. She is one of the funniest people I know and I always enjoy hearingoi her speak. I agree that a Place of Execution is one of the best mysteries ever. The TV production was very good, even though it changed a part of the plot and not for the better. But it did leave the main points the same. I'm glad Val will be in SF again for Bouchercon.