Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ken Bruen wins Grand Prix de la Littérature Policière 2009


I'm a faithful reader of Peter Rozovsky's Detectives Beyond Borders: A Forum for International Crime Fiction (and you should be, too), and I'm really glad because I might have missed this.

Ken Bruen has won the Grand Prix de la Littérature Policière 2009 for La main droite du diable, the French translation of his novel Priest. I thought Priest was one of the best books I read last year, and I have Ken to thank for sending me a personal copy. I got to read it before it hit the states. Read Peter Rozovsky's review of Priest.

The Grand Prix de Littérature Policière is a French literary prize founded in 1948 by author and literary critic Maurice-Bernard Endrèbe. It is the most prestigious award for crime and detective fiction in France. Two prizes are awarded annually to the best French novel and to the best international crime novel published in that year.

Check out the list of previous winners here.

Congratulations, Ken!!!

**
Peter Rozovsky will be moderating a panel at Bouchercon (World Mystery Convention) in Indianapolis next week on Thursday morning. LOST IN TRANSLATION? Translators and writers discuss the challenges of translating the crime novel with Steven T. Murray, Tiina Nunnally, Robert Pepin, & Yrsa Sigurdardottir

1 comment:

Peter Rozovsky said...

Faith is good. Thanks for your kind words, and I'll see you in Indianapolis.
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com