Thursday, April 16, 2009

Death and Taxes


I started to write something on Death and Taxes yesterday since Tax Day is April 15 in the U.S. That makes it sort of a holiday and holidays are my thing. But I really didn't come up with much. Maybe the whole taxman thing is just too depressing.

J. Kingston Pierce to the rescue. Check out his April 15 blog on The Rap Sheet, "Dying for a Refund" The mystery he reviews is Death and Taxes by David Dodge (1910-1974), a onetime certified public accountant. The book is set in San Francisco, so that's another bonus for me.

Thanks, Jeff!

Don't miss Crime for the Holidays, volume 25:1, Mystery Readers Journal.

1 comment:

Dorte H said...

Yuck! I enjoy crime, but taxes?
My government has just decided to put taxes on my work computer - which I need in order to do my job. What a brilliant idea.